Extra Interfaces extends the maximum number of network interfaces of your IPCop from 4 to 8. Additional to the Green, Red, Blue and Orange interfaces you can get a Gray 1 - 4 interface (provided you have enough hardware )
- download xtiface-ipcop-<version>.tar.gz from this webpage
- copy 'xtiface-ipcop-<version>.tar.gz' to any directory of your choice ( e.g. to '/root' using WinSCP or SCP [ port 8022! ] )
- go straight to the console or open a console connection ( e.g. via Putty or SSH [ port 8022! ] )
- login as user 'root'
- change to the directory you have copied the file to ( e.g. type 'cd /root' )
- extract the archive ( type 'tar xvfz xtiface-ipcop-<version>.tar.gz' )
- change to installation directory ( type 'cd xtiface-ipcop-<version>' )
- to install the addon type './install -i' ( to uninstall type './install -u' )
Just follow the steps under Installation, no need to uninstall first.
After installation you should have an extra menu-item for Extra Interfaces:
If there are any free interfaces in your IPCop they will be offered:
If there are no free interfaces you are out of luck, setup in IPCop v2 picks up new network cards automatically.
Add the interfaces via the Firewall -> Interfaces GUI page:
Rules can now be defined for the Extra Interfaces using standard IPCop mechanisms.
You will also find that the settings page for the DHCP Server now has options for Gray 1 - 4, behaviour is similar to DHCP on Green/Blue.
There is currently no integration into network diagrams. Traffic accounting information is only available when using Low detail level via the 'trafficsum' console command.
Please do not mail me for support etc., feel free to mail me though if you insist and want to transfer large amounts of money to my account .
In case of trouble, things not working, etc. post a message in the english or german IPCop support forums. I do visit those from time to time.
MD5 chksum: 14a94d32975c42a77ad6c929078eb068
Special thanks to Tom 'wintermute' for the logo
Thanks to 'paco' for reporting and help tracking ip/netmask bug.
Thanks to Keven for the French translation.
||Cosmetic changes. Fix for IPCop v2.1.8
||Filter ppp and tun interfaces
||Change URL for version check
||For IPCop v2.0.0
||Write GRAY*_BROADCAST to config file
||Fixed a bug which stopped DHCP from working on gray 3 and 4
||Fixed installation of restartdhcp
restructure rules (slightly)
redefined RED HTTP/DNS options
||Increased to 4 interfaces
added option for proxy port
also allow ICMP (ping) to internet
||Some small improvements for DHCP
||Bugfix in installer and for DHCP page
||First online version